Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hand-me-downs

There's no denying that my practically-walking baby is almost a toddler.

So, this weekend I packed away all of Brenna's 6-9 month clothes and about 50% of her 6-12 month clothes. What remains is the other half of her 12 month clothes, and, making it's debut: 12-18 month clothes. I never thought I'd see the day. 12-18 month clothes seemed so far off just 9 short months ago.

I am very lucky to have a sister that has a sincere love of baby clothes shopping and a daughter only two years older than mine. In addition to the 18 month clothes I've been stocking up on for Brenna, I also unpacked two tubs of hand-me-down 18 month clothes from Erin, including: 26 shirts, 19 pairs of pants, 3 pairs of overalls, 5 skirts, 8 pairs of shorts, 1 bathing suit, 1 bathing suit cover up, 6 onesies, 13 pairs of pajamas, 15 dresses, 2 jackets and 4 sweaters. I had to write it all down so that I remember later what I owe back to her! (By the way, I know it's correct to say, "pair of," rather than, "pairs of," but I refuse to obey that rule because it sounds so stupid..)

Yesterday, I went outlet shopping with Erin, Kelly and our mom, and I got a lot for Brenna. I teased Erin for buying so much for Bobby, who at less than 2 months, never leaves the house and dresses up better than most people everyday. But, I have to say, that if I ever have a boy, I love that she gets such great clothes for her kids. It makes opening up her hand-me-downs like a second Christmas in our house! So, sorry, Erin, just continue what you do :).

No comments: