Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Carolyn's blog is back!

Two of best friends in the world, who I hardly ever see, are Carolyn and Michelle. I worked with them in my first job out of college (2001), and I have not since made friends at work - or ever, really - like them. They are the same age as me, and we bonded over our sarcastic sense of humor, love of the show Friends (Carolyn, anyway) and the fact that we were in the same places in our young lives.

At the time, Michelle was recently married, Carolyn was engaged and I was single, but we were all just starting off in adulthood. Carolyn used to sign me up for A Dating Story and other ridiculous reality shows, and when the shows would call me at work to set up a taping time (and confirm that I would describe myself as "covered in beautiful freckles"), I could hear her chair falling over, as she laughed her head off a few offices down. She also used to flash me her A cups as she walked by my door, and fall down face first as we crossed a busy downtown intersection during our lunch break. One time, during a staff meeting, I spent the entire meeting with my head on Michelle's shoulder, nursing off a 22-year-old Thursday night hang-over.

Ah, my first work friends.

We still, 7 years after starting our careers together, email each other almost every day, and I love them to death.

Michelle, who did everything first, including getting married, has a four-year-old named Collin and a baby on the way, due at the end of May!

Carolyn has a three-year-old named Ava and a 1-year-old named Andrew.

All three of the above children are the cutest little blondes you'd ever see in your life. It makes sense, since Michelle looks like Bridget Wilson Sampras' twin sister and Carolyn just looks like a supermodel (and was back in her size 2/4 jeans 5 days after popping out both of her children).

Carolyn is my first friend that blogged, she started in July of 2005 (I was getting married, so I was busy), and she has only blogged a few times since having Andrew over a year ago, which is understandable. I used to read that thing everyday, and so did my entire family: www.carrcakes.blogspot.com.

Carolyn, the purpose of this post is to hold you accountable again for your blogging. You said you are going to do it again, so prove it!

I love these girls. They are both beautiful, athletic (haha, this is sadly important to us) and amazing, caring women. We appreciate each other because we can remain such great friends without needed anything extra from each other - like seeing each other :). But, girls, we need to get together soon and celebrate Michelle's huge pregnant-ness. I love you both!

No comments: