Monday, March 17, 2008

Erin Go Bragh

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

"Mom, wanna go see Blackthorn play at Brownies tonight and share some green beverages?"


In five years or so, we plan to be watching Brenna Irish dance in Philadelphia's St. Patrick's Day parade, but for now she'll just walk... she's getting kind of great at it. Yesterday for Palm Sunday, she wore Maura's hand-me-down shamrock dress to church, which she later stained with mangoes.

I'd like to send a special thank you to Kevin and Rose, for this Irish outfit that is obviously not a hand-me-down! Brenna looked adorable in it, despite her bed head and the fact that I took these earlier than I've been up for a St. Patty's Day in many, many years.



Tonight, Brenna got her stitches out, which she screamed her head off for, so I gave her little pieces of sugar cookies to make her feel better. She kept looking at the cabinet the cookies came from, nodding and saying, "Maaaaa," which means, "More!" Not, "Mom," of course, because that would be too gratifying for me. J/K, she calls me that sometimes, when she is clawing at my legs to pick her up and I'm pretending I don't know she's there just so she calls me something.

I have officially confirmed that she is a junk food addict. She ate her own waffle with cream cheese - we ran out of butter and she can't have peanut butter, so don't tell her that cream cheese doesn't go on waffles, I was improvising - and threw her peaches on the floor.

She then helped me eat my leftover manicotti; she loved the cheese. I'm actually excited to have these new food choices. She still hates 90% of foods and their textures, and she throws food-related tantrums that I believe are worthy of time-outs or groundings, but after struggling for her to eat for almost 6 months, it's a whole new world to watch her eagerly request certain foods!

Speaking of, Jamie requested a Guiness tonight, but by the time he got home, he had to settle for one Miller Lite. He's now sleeping, and I'm on the internet with my laptop burning my stomach. St. Patrick's Day is just not what it used to be.

No comments: