Wednesday, April 23, 2008

We're going Green.... a little bit!

Yesterday was Earth Day, and I realized we don't really do enough in our family to help protect this wonderful place. I'm sorry, as eco-friendly as it is, I can't go to cloth diapers just yet. I just can't. However, I thought I'd at least start by making some smarter moves and buy natural household cleaning products from now on.

Not just for the Earth, but for Brenna's health. She has already been on a nebulizer once so far, and Carolyn's kids both use their nebulizers regularly - poor little Ava gets daily meds for her asthma. Cleaning products are a serious health concern these days.

So, for Earth Day, Brenna helped display our committment to natural products:







I'm happy with this change, however, they should put labels on the biodegradable hand soap bags: VERY SLIPPERY. Idiots like Meghan are sure to spill it all over the place!

Our next step is to get re-usable bags instead of using plastic bags at Target/the grocery store. But, since I usually forget to bring my Bonus Card with me, remembering to bring the bags will be my biggest issue. One step at a time.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Yet, another thing we have in common. We just bought the line of Green Works from Clorox too and are in the process of buying the bags for the grocery. However, I would like to switch to cloth diapers but DH is totally against it. Definetly for #2 though.

Tara (Helix)