Monday, April 7, 2008

Two little miracles named Jack and Lucy


These two adorable babies are Jack and Lucy, the sweet twins born to our friends Kate and Chris.

I went to high school with Kate, and she is one of those girls that helps everyone imaginable. When we first graduated from college, I used to take the train down to the city with her to our first real jobs, and she convinced me to volunteer and help plan our five-year-reunion because she always wants to help out when someone asks her to.

A few years later, as our realtor, she patiently helped Jamie and I find and buy our first home.

By this time, I had switched jobs, and I was the point person on a nonprofit charity walk, and I was nervous about the success of the event. Kate helped me out again - not only did she fundraise, she came down to the city and walked the route with her mom! I remember she told me that she was a sucker for helping children in need.

Sure enough, she proved that statement shortly after. The following month, Kate's good friend, another girl from high school, had a baby boy who was born with a rare condition called Prader Willi Syndrome, and last spring Kate organized a local fundraising walk that raised money for the cause. You could tell how much her friend and her friend's family appreciated Kate's efforts. It was so touching. Jamie DJ'ed and my family walked that beautiful day.

This spring, Kate and her family are walking in the local March for Babies Walk. However, this time it's for a reason other than Kate's giving personality. Kate and her husband Chris are now the proud parents of the two miracles above.

Jack and Lucy were due to be born in April, but were born back in January (before Bobby!) when Kate was only 26 weeks pregnant. As new parents ourselves, Jamie and I can only imagine how Kate and Chris must have been scared out of their minds.

But, thank God the many prayers have been heard for these two small babies, and despite some medical complications, in about 10 days or so, these two three-month-old miracle babies are on schedule to finally come home! I ran into Kate in Babies R Us recently as she stocked up on extra supplies for their arrival!

If you would like to make a donation to Team Jack and Lucy please click on the link. If you need a reason or two, here are two miracle babies to help convince you:




Look how far they have come...


Three months old!

3 comments:

SUZANNE said...

Wow, how touching!! What an amazing story and 2 beautiful babies.

Unknown said...

Such beautiful miracles! Congrats to the NICU grads and welcome home!

Michelle B said...

1 - you wrote that beautifully
2 - you know I am sitting here hysterically crying. How wonderful for them.