Friday, April 11, 2008

Maura loves her mom

Although it was Erin and Rob's anniversary yesterday, they didn't see each other. Rob left for work before they woke up at 7 a.m., and he still wasn't home at 11 p.m. last night. They are celebrating tonight while my parents babysit.

However, Erin did not feel lonely or unloved with Maura around. Here is a conversation from yesterday:

Maura: Mommy?

Erin: Yes?

Maura: You are the most beautifulest mommy in my life.

Erin: Maura, that was so nice. I love when you're nice.

Maura: Yeah. I love you. So much. And Barack Obama lacks substance. (Long story, but Maura got this herself from watching political news channels with her parents, and they laughed when she repeated it the first time, so she keeps it in her back pocket.)


Erin: Haha, you're cute.

Maura: Yeah, I am cute. Mommy?

Erin: Yes?

Maura: I love you.

Erin: Thanks, Maur. I love you, too.

Maura: No, Mommy, no. Wait. I love you. Now say why.

Erin: Ok.... why?

Maura: Because you play games with me, like magnet dolls, and puzzles, and craft box, and Chutes and Ladders and Don't Spill the Beans.

Erin: Yeah, I do. That's why you should be nice to me all the time like you were yesterday and today.

Maura: Yeah. I know. And, I love you. Now say why.

Erin: Why, Maura?

Maura: Because you play games with me. And cook with me. And take me to dance class. And give me Peeps. But, most of all because when I am cold, you turn on the heater.

Which makes no sense at all because when it is cold the heater is always on. But, then, look who we're talking about.

No comments: