Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Whole Weekend... by Brenna

Mommy said that to improve my language development I could write her blog tonight. Plus, she's been slacking, and I have a lot to say!

You should know upfront that this is long, but I was so busy this weekend!

So, Friday night it was just me and Mommy. Daddy had to go DJ a party, so we were just chilling around the house, hanging out in our bumbos, drinking some Enfamil and Chardonnay (relax, Gram, we both only had 6 ounces)....
And then, I was like, "You know Mom, my teething gums have been hurting more than ever, lately. This sock is just not doing it for me tonight. "


But, I don't think she realized how serious I was until I surprised her by waking up screaming at 2:30 a.m. Until now, I have slept through the night EVERY night since I was a scrawny little 3-month-old. Of course, there were times when I woke up with sore gums before, but I usually just give myself a pep talk, or on "difficult nights" Mommy and Daddy would come rub my back, and I'd be back asleep within five minutes.

Well, not Saturday morning. I stayed up until 4:00 a.m. When I woke up crying again at 6:30 a.m., Mommy took me downstairs to give Daddy a break. I showed her how uncomfortable I really was...


Even on her 4.5 hours total of sleep, Mommy felt really bad for me. We watched the sun come up through the heavy morning fog, and we even saw deer! Ella always brags that she sees deer at the family mountain house. If only she knew I saw them at my house, too!

Mommy took a picture. Can you see them? (If you click on the picture to bring it up larger it helps.) It's hard to see clearly, but I have outstanding eyesight. One of the perks of being a baby, I guess.

After our deer sighting and some fun playtime, Daddy came down at 8:30 a.m., and this is how he found me and Mommy...

We stayed like that until almost 9:00 a.m., when Daddy took me to the grocery store to give Mommy a chance to take a shower. After my trip and Mommy's shower, we were like new women!

We even joked about the earlier teething pain. Mommy thought she was making fun of me, but I completely turned it around on her, and told her that her hand looks like an arthritic 90-year-old woman's in this picture... haha...

And, anyway, I was so excited because we had really fun plans for the day!


Grandma and Pop, Daddy's parents, came for a visit with Uncle Danny and Uncle Matt.


Aunt Courtney and Uncle Ryan came, too!

I was a very good girl. I love having visitors at my house now. I used to be very anti-social, but not anymore.

On Saturday night, Daddy had to go DJ again. Mommy actually had a party, too, but, I said, "Hey, Mom. PRIORITIES." She got the picture.

Besides, our weekend was far from over. I slept much better on Saturday night, but I did decide to begin my Sunday at 5:30 a.m. I was so excited for the day, I just couldn't wait.

We had a wedding shower to go to! Mommy drove me and Aunt Kara and Ella there, and I was so happy the whole entire time. I laughed whenever anyone talked to me.

Here are the highlight photos...

Mommy's cousin, Kevin, and his wonderful fiance, Rose


Seeing my great-grandmother, Mommom

Gram and me

Colleen and Caitlin (Kevin's sisters/Mommy's cousins)
about to give a tear-jerking speech

Finding a corner to play in with Ella


That Mommom is so funny!

Aunt Mare (Gram's twin sister), Rose, and Rose's mom

What a fun shower. I can't wait for the wedding. Wait, what? Mommy just said I'm not invited because I'm a baby. Oh, man. Well, I'm certainly glad I didn't chip in for that Kitchen Aid mixer.

Well, regardless, what a day. What a weekend. I'm exhausted.

I. Can't. Write. Another. Thing.

No comments: