Monday, October 8, 2007

I hate Mondays.

After spending the full weekend days with Brenna, I hate waking up on Monday mornings to take her to daycare again. Leaving her is especially hard this day of the week. It doesn't help that I can only spend from 4-7 with her on the first two Mondays of the month, since I have meetings for work to attend at 7:30. And, as it works out, Jamie has his classes on Monday nights, so he doesn't get to see her at all, other than his minutes with her in the morning.

It's almost like we close our eyes and just plow through this day each week, as if it doesn't even exist.

On the positive side, I had no traffic coming to work (students off for Columbus Day today), and my boss lives in the city and brought in real soft pretzels for the office, which made for a delicious breakfast. But, it's not even 9 a.m. yet and I think I hit the two high points of the day...

No comments: