Saturday, October 6, 2007

A Day on the Farm


When I was in second grade, my family moved out of Philadelphia to a suburb 30 miles outside of the city.

That October, we visited a local dairy farm, MM Farm, to ride on a hayride and pick pumpkins with our new neighbors. Because our parents had lived in the city their entire lives, going to a pumpkin farm (or any farm) was something we had never done before, and we loved it.

We continued this trip until we became pre-teens/way-too-cool. But, from the late eighties, there are many photos of my sisters and I on MM Farm, smiling with our pumpkin choices, eating ice cream, and sticking our heads on the top of scarecrow cut-outs.

Now that my older sister, E, has a two-and-a-half-year old (in addition to a baby on the way), and I have Brenna, we decided to go today with our husbands, parents, and sister, K (who is home on fall break from her Ph.D. program).

Twenty-two years after our first visit, we were all together at MM Farm today.

Me, Brenna and Jamie


Aunt Kelly and Brenna


My cute husband and my cute baby

No comments: