Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Standing woman

Yesterday when I went to pick up Brenna at daycare, Miss K told me that when she woke up from her nap, she pulled herself to standing in her crib.

Since I missed this milestone, too, I challenged her to recreate the moment for me when we got home. Of course, I sat in her rocking chair with my camera, eager to capture the second time she pulled herself to standing.

The Rudy theme song should have been playing in the background. When Brenna first rolled over or the first time she sat unsupported, she didn't seem to have any realiziation that she was doing something she couldn't do before.

But, this time, she knew. It was the first time she really seemed proud of herself. She grunted and whined while pulling herself up, but when she did, she laughed and laughed. It was great to feel like we were cheering together. Like we were a little team :)






God, she's getting big. Where did six and a half months go?

No comments: