Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sick Again

I can't post any pictures tonight because I'm headed off to bed to get rested up for what looks like a long night.

I went to a very fun Christmas party tonight (Jackie and Missy's) while my parents babysat. Jamie started off at the party with me, and then went to DJ. When I came home, Brenna was moaning. My mom said she had been doing that for the past 2.5 hours since she went down, and she felt really bad for her.

I opened the door to check on her, and she was standing in the crib, looking at me with one of her eyes glued shut with crust, poor thing. I picked her up, and she cried, so I went to change her diaper. It was not a pretty sight. The doctor warned that the contents of the diaper would be a side effect from the antibiotic. I gave her tylenol and held her close, as she went into a coughing fit, and then she vomited all over me.

Brenna has always been a baby who has spit up (a little or a lot), but this was the first time she really vomited. After I thought she got it all up, I stripped her, changed my clothes and gave her another bath, and then I held her for a long time until she finally passed out again.

I just laid her back in her crib (12:30 a.m.), but I think she will be up throughout the night, so I'm headed off to get some sleep when I can!

Goodnight!

No comments: