Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy December 18th

Um, hello! Did you know I'm here?!

Dear Brenna,

One year ago today, I was laying in front of the Christmas tree, relaxing, and all of a sudden, I felt a tap, tap, tap on my belly. It was you! I felt you for the first time.

I called Daddy over, and he could feel you, too! It was the first time you decided to make your presence known.

Now, we all know you are a pro at that. But a year ago tonight, it was the first. These days, I get all emotional about firsts. In one week I will celebrate my first baby's first Christmas.

Because Christmas has always been my most special day, it practically makes me cry to think about sharing it with you. I look forward to you learning about Baby Jesus and gaining faith, and I can't wait to see the twinkle in your eye as you put your hopes in Santa Claus and the magic of Christmas. This week is the first of many firsts!

Brenna, you are the greatest thing to ever happen to me and Daddy. We love watching you learn and grow! Thank you for saying hello a year ago and every day since.

I love you so much!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Party of four said...

Hi! I am a fellow nestie and clicked on the link in your bio to get here. What a cute blog you have! Your letter had me in tears! So sweet! I just had to share!

nestie name
leif-n-adrian