Saturday, December 1, 2007

Goal Accomplished!

Let it be known that today, December 1, 2007, is the day I stepped on the scale and the number reflected my PRE-PREGNANCY weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, it was half a pound less than what I consider my pre-preg weight to be. You could hear my cheers two towns over.

I'm not bragging, really. I don't look hot or anything (my hips have spread, I am a size bigger than pre-preg, I have a pancake "mom butt", and if I stick my stomach out purposefully, I can still look 4 months pregnant), however, according to the scale I am the same!

I honestly thought I'd never lose all of the weight. I had gained 40 lbs, and upon returning home from the hospital with Brenna, I had lost 8 lbs. She weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz! I could have cried. But, today, my baby is 6 months, 1 week and 1 day, and I reached my goal.

I am also happy to report these three facts:

1. You can formula feed and lose the weight. I shamefully admit that a selfish, compelling reason I wanted to breast feed (for two seconds) was to lose the baby weight.

2. You can not exercise (other than the crazy running around that all new moms do in an effort to keep up with the baby's needs) and lose the weight.

3. You can eat a Wendy's Frosty for no reason the night before and still unexpectedly lose the weight.

Wooo-hooooo!!!

I just wanted to cheer again.

No comments: