Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New fear of dogs?

Brenna has always loved dogs. Ever since she was an infant, she would kick wildly and squeal when she would see a doggie outside. When we were shopping, I'd take her to the mall pet store just to see her laugh. Even as recently as the 4th of July parade, Brenna followed a little black dog around rather than playing with the other kids.

I used to give Jamie a hard time about sending sweet Lilly (our loving, partially psycho dog) to his parent's house permanently. I said Brenna was like me, she was a dog lover, and he was depriving her of that love.

However, this weekend I let Bella, the neighbors' rottweiler, out in our backyard while they were away. Bella is completely harmless. Having her in our house, however, on Brenna's turf, could have changed her view of dogs, I'm afraid. Brenna now sees Cody (Erin and Rob's dog, who she is very used to) and jumps/runs away.

This is Bella.

And this is what Bella's presence in our house did to Brenna.


Which is so weird because we had Riley's third birthday party on Saturday...


...and Riley's family has an identical rottweiler, Bailey. Brenna loved him. I think it really was having the dog in her house that has caused this new phobia. She doesn't even want to read the Sandra Boynton book, Doggies; she actually threw it back at me.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you mean by PERMANENTLY?

Meghan said...

I mean PERMANENTLY :) Until we get a lab, that is. Hahahaha.