Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Our Godson

When Maura was born in 2005, my family can tell you that I was a little upset that Erin chose Kelly to be her Godmother. I know that it was selfish (believe me, I'm not proud of this), but Maura was "our" first baby. I cried when I found out Erin was having her. We were all so excited that we had this awesome baby girl in our lives, and I wanted to be someone special to her throughout her life. Erin was the oldest sister and Kelly was the youngest, so I felt hurt that I was skipped right over.

The truth is, Erin chose me to be her Maid of Honor when she got married, so she logically decided that it was Kelly's turn to be chosen. My mom also pointed out that Maura was born the year Jamie and I were married, and I had enough going on at the time. Everyone told me I could just be Erin's second child's Godmother.

I remember that I said, "I won't even care about being a Godmother by then. I'll probably have a child of my own, and the title won't be special anymore." It was uncalled for, as many things I say are, but it was my immature response to feeling sad I was left out.

I was right about having a child of my own by the time Erin asked me to be her second child's Godmother, but I was wrong about not caring about my first Godchild. As the third baby in our family, Bobby might not get nearly as much attention, but he relishes in it when he does. He recently started laughing, and it is just so cute!

Bobby is different than the girls. He's chubby and stiff (I dressed him over the weekend, and I had trouble moving his arms, unlike my Gumby-ish girl). He doesn't roll yet, like they did by his age, and he just kind of sits there, content to watch everyone around him. He just chills out all the time. He's much more laid back than them, and I think he's going to be very low maintenance. I can't wait to watch him grow and learn what his real personality will be because right now he's just too cool for words.

Jamie and I are honored and happy to have been chosen as Bobby's Godparents. Here are pictures from his Christening Mass on Sunday... thanks to Colleen for taking them for me!

Back off ladies, he might look cute in his suit, but this little guy can not date until he's 21. Signed: His Strict Godmother



Jamie lighting a candle for Bobby

Me telling Bobby that I was just kidding when I told his parents that he would become Jewish before his Confirmation with us as his Godparents

Awwww....


Our immediate family


No comments: