Friday, May 9, 2008

Baby fever

Everyone I know is pregnant:

Michelle (friend since 2001) due at the end of the month
Kelly B. (friend since 4th grade) due the first week in June
Trista (family friend's daughter) due the first week in June
Andrea (cousin) due the first week in July
Stephanie (co-worker) due the first week in July
Jackie (friend since high school) due the third week in July
Toni (neighbor) due in September, in addition to a few other neighbors
Megan G. (friend since 6th grade) due in September
Jen (cousin's wife) due in September
My hysterical secret online/fellow blogging friends (shout out to Katie!) due at Christmas
Stephanie (my new friend with a son also about to turn one) due in early January (I just found out this week about this!)


All told, I know about at least 15 pregancies, and I suspect others (and to be honest, I pray for others).

I have Andrea's baby shower tomorrow, and I just volunteered today to be the office point person for Stephanie's baby shower.

When I heard last night and today that Kelly B. and Michelle are 1 cm. dilated each, and that my cousin and his wife found out they are having a girl (and will name her Addison), it took me back to last Mother's Day. I was giddy, and nervous and anxious and hot (read post below), and just soooo excited to be a Mom.

All of this, on top of my baby nearing the end of her baby days, is giving me an extreme case of baby fever, which I must put to a halt right now. I have been having to tell myself, "Not yet," mainly for financial and sanity reasons. I am not one to have children less than two years apart (when you can order the first one to babysit for you, hee-hee).

And, it's important to note, I'm not a huge fan of pregnancy in general. Okay, I'm not going to lie: I love babies, yet I hated being pregnant. If I could have a c-section every day for a month, I'd take it over being pregnant for 9.5 months.

And, now, my glass of Chardonnay is confirming it all for me. Until our plans tell us it's time (and until my week at the shore is over where I can again get a tan and play with Brenna in the sand), I have to suck it up.

But, I can't promise that I won't change my mind after the shower tomorrow. I can, however, assure you that Jamie will not change his mind. He gave me the evil eye when I told him about all of this. But the truth is, I can talk that guy into anything. Hahaha.

I wonder if he would like to model our lives after the Duggar Family at this rate.

4 comments:

Kat said...

You can add me to your list :)

Meghan said...

What?!! OMG, congratulations!!!!

Kat said...

thanks :)

Kat said...

thanks :)