Monday, February 18, 2008

You're never fully dressed without a smile!

Before we went over to Gram and Po's tonight to celebrate Gram's birthday (on the 20th), I gave Maura two of her five birthday presents while I babysat her this morning (her's is the 23rd):

1. A ballerina book (she wanted me to read it immediately... she started ballet and tap on Saturday, which she loved!), and

2. An Annie dress-up dress. She is obsessed with Annie, so I bought her this left-over Christmas dress that was a couple of dollars that I thought looked (close enough for a 3-year-old) like Annie's dress. Maura took one look at it and asked me if she could open something else!

I told her I'd just give it to Brenna, so she quickly changed her mind, and said she wanted to wear it (with her tap shoes):

Climbing the bridge, "with her arms," just like Annie...

When I saw Erin later, she told me that Maura told her that something cracked at our house. I had no idea what she was referring to at the time, but now I'm thinking she might have cracked the curtain holder that she was hanging from in this picture (even though I told her not to put any weight on it)! She continued to play with it while I was in the next room... I'm going to check it now!

No comments: