Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Special Visitors

Yesterday Brenna and I got some very special visitors. My best friend, Kelly Mc., drove home from Long Island to visit her parents, and stopped in to see us with her new baby boy. Benjamin Patrick was born on September 16.

I have only seen Kelly twice in the last 6 months - once at my baby shower in April and once at her baby shower in August. This was the first time we got to meet each other's babies!

Kelly looked fantastic for having had a baby less than 2 months ago, but I was not surprised. Brenna looked gigantic next to Kelly's son, even though he weighed 9lbs. 2oz. at birth and is now well over 12 lbs. She kept trying to beat him up, so we had to keep them apart most of the time.

Benny smelled like a new baby! I had already forgotten that smell. And Brenna was army crawling up to him, and seemed soooo much older. We both really realized how much can change in a few short months.

Here are some pictures of their visit:





Motherhood is a new chapter in our lives. We have done so much together since we met in 1987! If only I had pictures of our cheerleading competitions, 8th and 12th grade graduations and the prom on my computer! But here are some that I do have:

(I have no idea. I think we were making a work-out video.)

One of our many trips to the shore... those Parliament Lights in front of me look delicious. Why did I give them up again? Oh, that's right, I don't want to get lung cancer. Tough call, though.


With another one of our best friends growing up, who had her first baby (a girl) in June. I think it's so crazy how even though we grew up and moved away, we each had our first babies within 4 months of each other.


My bachelorette party in Philly


Kelly's bachelorette party in Manhattan

Kelly's wedding, less than a month before I found out I was having Brenna!

No comments: