Saturday, November 24, 2007

Recap of my first Thanksgiving

by Brenna

On my first Thanksgiving, Mommy dressed me in my Thanksgiving dress, and Daddy drove us 2 hours to his Mommy and Daddy's house. Grandma and Pop were happy to see me.


I got to spend lots of bonding time with Lilly, the dog that should have been my dog. Lilly was Mommy and Daddy's dog up until 3 weeks before I was born. I wish she was my dog, I loved touching her soft fur and letting her lick my face. Isn't she cute?

Lilly

At first I tried to get away from her.

But then we said hello to each other.


I wanted to bring her home with us, but unfortunately my Daddy is not really a "dog person" like Mommy is. Poor Lilly did lots of bad things (like rip the entire back off the couch, chew the sides of the stairs up, and pee-pee all over the house) that caused Daddy to really fly off the handle. Lilly was a rescue puppy from Hurricane Katrina, and when Mommy and Daddy adopted her 2 years ago, she was never quite right in the head. She would pee-pee whenever someone talked to her or came into the house. Mommy spent most of her free time cleaning up after Lilly between the carpet cleanings and the endless shedding hair, but she loved her anyway. Daddy, however, disliked Lilly so much that he wanted to send her to the dog pound.

Luckily, Grandma and Pop saved the day, and they said that Lilly could come live with them so that she didn't have to go to the dog pound (and so Mommy and Daddy didn't have to get divorced). Grandma and Pop already had a big puppy named Rylee, a beautiful Golden Retriever. I liked spending time with her, too. She was jealous of me though because I got so much attention from everyone. Imagine if Mommy had named me Riley, her original choice in names for me. I bet Rylee would be really jealous of me, then!

Rylee and Me

I played with people, too! Here are some more pictures of my first Thanksgiving:

With my great grandparents


With Brendan, Sean and Alexa


With Aunt Courtney


Pulling Kayla's hair

Saying goodnight to my new friend

Kisses for me

I liked Thanksgiving so much, and I was very difficult to get to sleep. I woke up crying at 2:00 a.m. The pack-n-play in the same room as Mommy and Daddy is just not the same luxury I'm used to. But, Mommy and Daddy rocked me and sang to me and told me that they loved me.

When I finally went to sleep for good, I decided that I am very thankful for my family.

No comments: