Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Gag Me, Mom

This is what Brenna thinks of food.


We've tried rice cereal, peas, green beans, squash and bananas and she hates them all with a passion. Formula is her safety net. She knows formula. She likes formula. I can't say I blame her.
I read an article recently that said food pickiness can be inherited. Which means if Brenna ends up like me, she will eat Amercian cheese on white bread sandwiches (no condiments or deli meats) and peanut butter (no jelly) on white bread sandwiches throughout her childhood. As an adult, she'll order chicken fingers at a seafood restaurant and look over with envy at a child eating the kid's plate at a wedding reception (as her filet mignon bleeds on her plate).

I understand, Brenna, I do. But you need to at least TRY food so we can get to the good stuff! There's ice cream and cake and cookies and Panera's broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl just waiting for you!

No comments: