Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Grandma

Today, sadly, Jim's mother/Jamie's grandmother/Brenna's great grandmother passed away.

She lived a very long, wonderful life with a husband (Pop) who took such great care of her and loved her so very much.

Because they lived in Florida, I didn't get to spend enough time with her in the years Jamie and I have been together, but I am personally thankful for the way she raised her son (my father-in-law, Jim), because together with Pop, she obviously taught him how to love his wife and his family. And Jim passed that on to Jamie. And Brenna and I benefit from that every day.

So, thanks to her, my wonderful husband and my sweet baby are here, and without her influence, they would not be the people they are. So, I sincerely am grateful to her for that.

I do not want to post her name online for privacy reasons, but she was born in 1916, and would have been 92 this coming April.

Grandma, thank you for all that you began! It will continue through Brenna, your first little girl. I promise you that.

I only wish we made it down there, so that you and Brenna could have met in person, but I know that you will watch over her as she grows, along with the many great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren yet to come. They have quite an example to follow...

Grandma and Jim
Wasn't she beautiful?

Jim and Jamie

Jamie and Brenna

God bless you, Grandma!

No comments: